These are a fun little snack for post-workout, breakfast, or grab-and-go. Let me know if you try them!
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ c. cooked quinoa – cooled (about ½ c. uncooked)
- 2 c. oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2/3 c. peanut butter (or almond butter)
- ½ c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. craisins (optional)
- ½ c. nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine quinoa, applesauce, vanilla, eggs, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min. or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars – stick in Ziploc bags or plastic wrap for an easy grab-n-go option.
- Store in refrigerator.
This recipe was adapted from theleangreenbean.com 🙂